Monday, January 4, 2010

Boring day....thoughtful night.

Well, not much to report today.

After church yesterday, all of us kids came home and packed to head out for Sara's. The roads were quiet, thank goodness, and we got there safe and sound. Sara and I just laid around watching a few movies, and were eventually joined by Joshie. I slept really well for the first time in awhile! It was great. :)

Today, basically all I did, was clean and work on school. lol So yeah. quite productive. I fell asleep while reading again. I thought for sure if I read in a chair I'd stay awake! Yeah, what a lot that did!

I've started a book filled with awesome quotes I've found. My friend was telling me finding good quotes was like collecting seashells, and when I told him about my notebook I'd started, he suggested I call it "My seashells" so, I did. It's encouraging things...there are some very wise people out there....many who get overlooked. For example, here's two that I just loved (among MANY more mind you.)

"I've come to believe that all my past failures and frustrations were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy."

Or...

"A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown."

There's a lot to learn with just those two quotes. Failures build you. And you have only TRULY "failed" if, when you fall, you don't get back up. Failures we encounter every day are more like, "trips" and not "falls." Life will keep going, whether you do or not, is your choice.
The second quote...people often forget their dreams or passions because they seem unreachable, yet, they won't try because it's "new territory" and they're too scared. :/ What is everyone did that? We wouldn't have cars, light bulbs, stoves, heating and cooling, computers.....everything took someone taking the initiative to start an idea, or a dream. Dreams are pretty important....no matter what people say. God doesn't give us passions for nothing. He doesn't give us GIFTS to simply throw them away.

What have you done with your dreams?

2 comments:

GBeth said...

I have tried for a long time to learn contentment and have really grown in that area. However, it is a fine balance between holding on to your dreams and being content. Unfortunately, many of my dreams have gone by the wayside. I am learning that God doesn't intend for me to give up my dreams in order to be content as long as the dreams are in line with His will for my life.

Jessie said...

Very true. I think a lot of times God waits until we become content before He gives us anything, or lets us pursue our dreams.

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."