Friday, August 27, 2010

God is always there.

Over the years, I've been known to hold things (problems, worries, etc) inside, and not tell anyone what's bothering me. Very not healthy, because I get so stressed that I start losing sleep and all kinds of things. It's a big problem of mine.

I was thinking how similar this is to us, and our lack of talks with God. I mean, He is always there ready to listen, but we hold it inside. He knows our thoughts, but in OUR minds He doesn't know yet because we haven't told Him. We're afraid of crying, not having our problems solved the way we want, feeling inadequate of running our own life....whatever the reason may be, many times we just don't talk to God.

There's a song called "Let The Waters Rise" that has some amazing lyrics. Not just about talking with God, but with trusting Him with your life, and everything that happens, and is going to happen.

"Don't know where to begin, It's like my world's caving in. And I tried but i can't control my fear.
Where do I go from here? Sometimes it's so hard to pray, You feel so far away. I am willing to go where You want me to. God I trust You." (This would be by the group "Mikeschair")

Contrary to what some people may think, God isn't this big guy "upstairs" that just keeps watch over the animals and plants. He is there to talk to, to leave our problems and worries with. To be a comfort. He is alive, not an imaginary friend who's there until you're in trouble, then disappears.

No comments: