Sunday, October 17, 2010

"God of wonders"

I serve an amazing God who breaks me down and sends me to my knees when I finally realize I can't do it all on my own anymore. It's times like these that it hits me, that the weight of the world and all of it's problems is for God to worry about, not me. This stress that I've carried affects my every day life, it makes me exhausted, it's hurting my health, and making my day to day tasks seem like giant mountains I must to overcome.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: God never made us to carry all of our problems. He is there to work with our problems and do with them as He pleases. And He certainly didn't make us to take on our family's, friends, or the worlds problems. That can kill a person.

My amazing Nathan helped me realize tonight that all these things I worry about are for God to deal with, not me. I'm so bad about holding everything I'm thinking and having problems with inside, and not letting anyone know. He, as always, pointed me back to God, and asked me to please give all of those fears and worries to God.

This past Sunday my dad was talking about prayers. He said most of the time we bring all of our problems to God, dump them in front of us, pray forever about them, then say "Thanks God" pick all of the problems back up and load them back on our back instead of leaving them with God.

It's hard to let go, I should know that more than anyone. But I'm trying to hard to just turn all of these things over to God. It's affecting my sleep more than anything... My friend at the chiropractor said one time "At night, it's always better to talk to the Shepherd then count the sheep." So, so true.

There's a song that goes along with this. Whatever we have become, God can turn us around or bring us back to Him. It's by the group Rush of Fools, called "Undo"

"Make every step lead me back to
The sovereign way that You
Turn me around, pick me up
Undo what I've become
Bring me back to the place
Of forgiveness and grace
I need You, I need Your help
I can't do this myself
You're the only one
Who can undo what I've become"

If He can create the earth and all that there is in 6 days, He can certainly handle my worries and fears. He can take this tiring life I'm in and turn it around; giving me peace, and a new energy that is focused on Him, not what I have or haven't done every day.

No comments: