Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Daddy

My dad is pretty special. He gives and gives, and when you'd think he had nothing left to give, he gives some more. He works so hard, every single day, for his family. He has so much put on him at once, yet he doesn't give up.

It's so encouraging to see him trust God with his life. At times when I would have given up totally, he just takes another step of faith. How many men keep going, even when it's incredibly hard? How many fathers deal with their childrens faults without leaving/beating/abusing them or just spend time with them still. No matter what all I've failed at, my dad still loves me. He forgives me. He guides me in life.

This is why I love God so much. My earthly father loves me SO much, enough to look beyond my faults, yet teach me to become better, more Christ like...how much MORE does my heavenly father love me and want what's best for me?

My daddy encourages people all the time. Whether it's with words, an email, or just caring... How many times can one keep encouraging others without being given the same amount of encouragement? Even if people don't give their time for my dad, he always does his best to make time for others.

This isn't to say my dad is perfect...though if you asked me, I'd say he's pretty close, from a daughters view :)...but he sure tries to please God with everything in his life. It's so encouraging to me when I see him keep going. It makes me want to try just a little harder, to give just a little more, and encourage people as often as I have the chance.

My dad is amazing. He is my earthly example, and why I try to have a life of faith for Christ. And I love him so very, very much!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.