Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Jesus

Often times I think we slightly belittle Gods name. We think of Him in a smaller way than we aught to. It's sad, really. The Hod of the heavens and maker of everything we see. I was listening to my favorite radio station today and heard a song, that Id heard before, but this time I think It got my attention. 

It's by a group called "Among the Thirsty."
"How many names
Can I use to explain
The love of my Jesus
The life that He gave
And so many times
Will I praise You today
I lift up my life
Cause You’re always the same
And my offering to You I bring

Your name is Jesus
Your name is Jesus
You’re the wonderful, counselor, my friend.
You’re what I hold on to, I know that You brought me through, all the days of loss and to the cross, You knew, I need a savior."

He IS an awesome God. We need to treat Him as such, and not think of Him smaller than He is. He can take life away just as easy as He gave it, He is more loving than any person you will ever meet, He gets praise even from the animals and land... He is so amazing, yet we, His children, forget to praise Him for who He is. His name IS Jesus. And for His children, we DID need a savior...we couldn't be saved by anything of ourselves. Only a perfect sacrifice could be given to save us. Jesus was that sacrifice. 
We DO need Him, every day, to help us overcome what Satan throws at us. We NEED a savior. And we NEED to praise that Savior.

No comments: