Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Prayer is real.

As I stood in a room today working tiredly, I started praying, then thinking about the things I've been praying for lately.

One of the biggest things was that God would give me an opportunity to make some extra money. Now, I'm unmarried, don't own a car and still live at home, so it's not like I'm in need of money. I have just been trying to save up more at a time.

Anyway.

The past two days I have been at work, which is a day more than my usual schedule, which means more money. I've also been asked to make lunch for the work crew for a few more weeks. God answered my prayer. However, I wasn't thanking Him for this blessing. I was complaining to myself that I was tired and didn't have the energy or desire to work...when, it was specifically what I had prayed for.

I think God not only answered my prayer, but is teaching me a lesson through it as well. To be grateful in all things, no matter how hard, and to have patience with people. Every now and then my patience just wears thin and I get so aggravated at everyone who tries to talk to me. Patience is hard when you want something "now" and God says "not now."

Lessons learned, prayers answered, but through it all God deserves praise. When I stand before Him one day the biggest thing looked at won't be how many jobs I had or how much money I made. It will be how I handled them and who I gave the praise to. I should be grateful to the people who give me the opportunities, but I should thank God for blessing me even when I didn't deserve it.

2 comments:

Nathan Parker said...

This is so great, Jessie. Thanks for the encouragement!

Tim Hoover said...

Jessie, thanks for being so open and sharing...it's always an encouragement to your daddy!