Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"They are precious in His sight"

Every time I start to think of everything in my life that is going wrong, I stop and think of all the things I've been blessed with. It's astounding...I have always considered myself a nobody, but I have found that God doesn't think the same about me that I think about myself. The times I thought I was just a piece of junk, and that God must have made a mistake in making me the way I am...I am reminded of His love for me and that I was not only created, but I was created by a perfect Creator. One who makes no mistakes, and certainly doesn't make junk or anything worthless. I am a sinner, yes, but my God thinks of me as His child. A precious treasure. What does it really matter what anyone else thinks about me, as long as my Lord is pleased with the things I do and the way I use what He's given me?

I have spent most of my life looking around me at the things I don't have, the looks I've always wanted, the talent I've never felt I had...when in reality, I have everything I'm supposed to have. God has blessed me with so much and I take every bit of it for granted. My family, friends, the way I look, the things I have, whatever talent I DO have...all of it is worthless in my mind when I see what other people have. My heart is discontent, and then I become greedy or jealous.

Oh the shame of it. Everything that I've been blessed with, and everything that so many around the world don't have because they don't know my King...and I'm complaining about the length of my hair or some such nonsense. How selfish. God has brought me through a lot the past 2 years. He has grown me, blessed me, given to me and taken away from me...through it all, I have learned to be content (at least, most of the time.) I have been given the gift that outweighs all other gifts that have ever been given. I've been given a second chance, the forgiveness that I don't deserve, love that is never ending...and eternal life. Other people may have better looks, more talent, and maybe even more material things...but without the gift of the Creator, they have nothing.

I've had to remember that God gives everyone a different personality. He gives each of us a special gift/talent. He has given each of us a different way to handle situations. That's what makes up the body of Christ here on earth. All of the different mixes of people that God has purposefully put here are so that we can work together and accomplish great things! We need to be there for one another, to love each other and give of the gifts God has blessed us with. Whether it be leadership, mercy, the heart of a servant, a prophet or a teacher. Each one is so very important and vital to make up the body of Christ. To work together and deal with each others little quirks...it's part of God's plan.

God DOES have a plan for my life, and it may not be what *I* want, I will suffer, I will have pain and heartache, but through it all, God's name will be glorified. And in the end...that's all that really matters...isn't it?

No comments: