Friday, July 8, 2011

Encouragement in a new direction

This is written as if it were Jesus talking to us.

"Come to Me for understanding, since I know you far better than you know yourself. I comprehend you in all your complexity; no detail of your life is hidden from Me. I view you through eyes of grace, so don't be afraid of My intimate awareness. Allow the Light of My healing Presence to shine into the deepest recesses of your being-- cleansing, healing, refreshing, and renewing you. Trust Me enough to accept the FULL forgiveness that I offer you continually. This great gift, which cost Me My Life, is YOURS for all eternity. Forgiveness is at the very core of My abiding Presence. I will never leave you or forsake you.
When no one else seems to understand you, simply draw closer to Me. Rejoice in the One who understands you completely and loves you perfectly. As I fill you with My Love, you become a reservoir of love, overflowing into the lives of other people."
By: Sarah Young in Jesus Calling


God is more than enough for us. We do not deserve Him yet He calls us His own. We fail, He easily forgives. We do wrong, He corrects in love and kindness. We stray, He waits with open arms. We fear, He sends peace. We worry, He comforts us.

He is there through everything we go through...even when we try to push Him away. We cannot stretch too far or over use the statement "my God is an awesome God" because He IS! He is the Creator of everything you see. The complexity of the human race is what He created, what He breathed life into to make capable of living.

The one thing that really got me to thinking, was when it said "I know you FAR better than you know yourself." Wow. He really does. He knows what we will do years down the road from now. He knows every decision we make or ever will make. He knows what's in our hearts before we even do. He knows the root behind our thoughts even if we don't really understand it. He gave each of us the gift of being "unique." Nobody else on this earth is just like "me" or "you." Nobody else will know how we feel in certain situations, will know how we will react to different circumstances...nobody but God.
And you know what? That is so comforting. Especially for me. I confuse myself to pieces sometimes, and to know there's at least ONE who can decipher me is incredibly reassuring.

Our Creator may bring us through some big fires sometimes, but it is all part of His plan. Everything in life we go through has a purpose, and the soul purpose of our life anyway is to bring glory to God. If the only way He can get that is by sending us through trials, then He will do just that. I should praise Him for finding me even the least bit "worthy" (I do not like that word, because I am not worthy, I just can't think of another one at the moment) of giving me trials. To know He trusts I will not deny His name or curse Him no matter what comes my way...I am so thankful.

No comments: