Monday, July 11, 2011

It's a new life.

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

All my life, Satan has kept lies roaming through my head. He has told me I'm not worth loving, that I am nothing, that nobody will ever want me, that he has the power over my emotions and can do what he pleases. The verse above is very plainly stated though, isn't it?

Submit to God, not only every now and then, but each and every day; every minute of every day. When you submit to God, it will soon be easier to resist the devil and his lies, because you are in the presence of God constantly. You will have God demonstrating His love for you, and that will drown out Satans lies.

Satan tells me I'm not worth loving. He tells me nobody could ever want someone like me. He tells me I am nothing in the site of those around me. He tells me the people who say they're my friends will go behind my back and leave me stranded. These things are all lies. God tells me I am treasured in His eyes among many other precious things.

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works and my soul knows it very well." -Psalm 139:14

Because He is so amazing, we SHOULD rejoice in Him, and His never ending love!

"Let all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; let those who love Your salvation say continually, “The LORD be magnified!” " -Psalm 40:16

"But let all who take refuge in You be glad, let them ever sing for joy; and may You shelter them, that those who love Your name may exult in You. For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O LORD, You surround him with favor as with a shield." Psalm 5:11-12

A song by Tenth Avenue North called "You Are More" has amazing lyrics. They're so encouraging! Read them closely, they just might touch you, too.

"There's a girl in the corner,
with tear stains on her eyes.
From the places she's wandered,
and the shame she can't hide.

She says, "How did I get here?
I'm not who I once was.
And I'm crippled by the fear,
that I've fallen too far to love.

But don't you know who you are,
What's been done for you?
Yeah don't you know who you are?

Well she tries to believe it,
that she's been given new life.
But she can't shake the feeling,
that it's not true tonight.

She knows all the answers,
and she's rehearsed all the lines.
And so she'll try to do better,
but then she's too weak to try.

But don't you know who you are?

You are more than the choices that you've made,
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes,
You are more than the problems you create, You've been remade.

'Cause this is not about what you've done,
but what's been done for you.
This is not about where you've been,
but where your brokenness brings you to.

This is not about what you feel,
but what He felt to forgive you,
and what He felt to make you loved.

You are more than the choices that you've made,
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes,
You are more than the problems you create,
You've been remade."


God gave us a gift and we did not do anything to deserve it, yet He gave it freely knowing full well we would make mistakes and mess up our life. Satan can try to get us down, but once we've accepted that gift of forgiveness from Christ, we no longer have to hold onto guilt and sadness, because it has been forgiven and forgotten by God Himself. We have a new life every day.

No comments: