Saturday, July 14, 2012

Healing Scars

People say the older you get, the wiser you become. Sometimes I think the older I get the better chance it has for me to mess things up even more. I've never done drugs, I've never been an alcoholic, or gotten into trouble with the wrong people; sometimes, though, it's the smaller mistakes that haunt you more.

I have flash backs of bad memories quite frequently, always have. But I believe God has been showing me that healing begins when you allow it to. Trying to force a situation better or think it away will never solve the problem. Now, I've never been too much of a thinker, but when it comes to hurts and scars, I tend to over think everything and try to fix them on my own. This normally makes it all much worse. Human tendencies are to know everything (most of us think we do!) and to solve all of the problems on our own. See, we are a very prideful race. We believe we know enough to live life on our own without any outside help. This is where we are always wrong. Sometimes the best way to heal is simply to let go of control.

God doesn't ask that we suffer through pain. He doesn't want us to bear all of the burdens of sins, wrong doings and broken hearts. See, this is why He came. He gave His life so ours could be lived more abundantly!

I am not just a pile of broken pieces. YOU are not made up of broken pieces!

Think about it. You and I sin everyday of our lives; we make mistakes every single day. Jesus knew this before He ever came to the earth; He knew it before any of us were even created! Yet, He still chose to sacrifice Himself in our place. If you've never known true love before, this is it.
"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13)

There will never be anyone who loves you more than Jesus Christ. Never be anyone who is willing to give up as much as He did. Never one who wants the best for you more than Him.

So many things steal my heart away from God. Life gets busy and I make all kinds of excuses for not making Him my top priority. The miracle here is that He never leaves. Even when I place worldly goods over Him, He sits back and waits for me to realize how much I need Him.

Brokenness is part of life. We will all go through it and will all have scars from the sin that roams the earth; we do not have to face each day alone. We do not have to label ourselves with the brokenness we feel inside.

Today is the day you forgive yourself; if you believe in what God has said, then Jesus has already forgiven everything you've done. The day He died on the cross was the day He took our place of death for every sin we have ever committed and every mistake we will ever make. There is no sin too great that cannot be forgiven. There is no place too low that Christ cannot reach you.

To know Him is to know love, joy, peace, healing, and forgiveness. He doesn't just help you move on, He helps you move past.

It is a gift, not a demand. Take it or leave it. But as for me, I would rather spend the rest of my life with aching scars WITH Jesus, than a "perfect" life without Him, because there will be a day when life will no longer be filled with pain, but be replaced with "joy unspeakable and full of glory." (1 Peter 1:8)

"and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.” And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” " -Revelation 21:4-5

No comments: