Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Letting Go To Live

Worry, worry, worry, worry....whether we like it or not.

The past few months with multiple doctor visits, car problems and just your everyday life, I've been doing a lot of worrying.

How many times will I have to keep going to the doctor?

Will I ever stop having health problems?

How will I afford a new car?

What am I doing with my life? What am I accomplishing?

Will I ever make a difference in someone's life?

I'm sure you've had a few of these questions go through your head at some point, as well.

I've been thinking lately, and I've noticed that my major worrying comes when I don't spend as much time with God as I should. I know this sounds like a broken record; we've always been told staying close to God will lessen our stress levels; we remember more easily to let go and hand them to Him. However, I can't be reminded too many times to draw near to God. It is something I need to be reminded of over and over and over.

My life will be stressful; but keeping God close at hand, near to the heart, and always on the mind will definitely help me get through each day.

Life gets busy. But if we have time to sit and watch our favorite TV series, go to the movies, take a nap, or play computer games, then we most certainly have time to spend with God. I admit, I do not spend near as much time reading my bible or simply being with God as I should. I say "I'm too busy" or "I'm too tired".

Think of it like this: what if God gave us as much time as we gave to Him; how often would He be around? Think of it in reverse; what would it be like if we gave GOD as much time as He gives US? What would our relationship with Him look like? I can only imagine how much stress and worrying I could drop if I was in the presence of God that often!

God not only gave His own life for us, but He has given eternity to be with us. Not because He has to, or because it is His "job". He spends every second trying to be a part of our lives, blessing us even when we don't deserve it, giving us grace, patience, forgiveness, and strength. Whether we deserve any of it or not, He still continues to show us love.

I love this one part on the movie Fireproof . Kirk Cameron said (about his wife) to his dad "I did everything I could to demonstrate that I care about her; to show value for her. And she spat in my face. She does not deserve this. I'm not doing this anymore. How am I supposed to show love to somebody over and over and over who constantly rejects me?" His dad said "That is a good question" then looks at a cross. Kirk says "Dad that is not what I am doing."  His dad says "Isn't it?"

How are we supposed to truly live life without love? Love is the base of everything on this earth because God is love. If we spend our time worrying and stressing about everything that comes our way, we start pulling away from God, and that affects every relationship around us.

That is how the two connect...in case you were wondering.

When we spend all of our time thinking about what we don't have or all the things we have to do and pay for, we take away the time we could be spending with God.

Worrying doesn't just affect you; it affects everyone around you and your very way of life. It's time we stop rejecting God when He tries to take our burdens. It's time we "trust and obey".

Live life to it's fullest; you never know when you will run out of time. Trust in all things, love unconditionally, forgive relentlessly. Life is too short to live worrying about the future and the "what ifs" "should haves" and "if onlys". As my boyfriend constantly reminds me, live for today; because you never know if tomorrow won't come.

No comments: