Sunday, April 12, 2009

Life

Sometimes it seems as though life will never get better. At other times it seems God gives us a gift, or someone special, then simply takes it away. Believe me, I know what you're going through if you have this feeling, and I also know there's not a whole lot we can do about it...we have to understand God has a plan for everything, and everything happens for a reason. Whatever happens, whether it's someone dying, or whatever...God uses it to glorify Him. If there's a man who's a missionary, his family is not saved, and he gets murdered...God might just use that in a special way to save the rest of the family. If something is a lie, people won't die for it...that doesn't mean everyone who dies in the same of something or for something, is real, but you have to believe with all your heart to be able to give your OWN life for that cause. Sorry, got off the subject a little. So, if that young man died for the cause of Christ (which IS true, no matter what other people tell you) his family might start to understand how important Jesus Christ was to him, and ultimately, it might bring his family to Christ. For you see, if that man would have lived the rest of his life, his family might not have become Christians...but through something WE would think is horrible, God used it for good! And even better, the family would not be mourning over the death of this man, but more praising God that they will see him again one day!

No matter how hard life gets and even everything bad that happens...life is still a gift, still a time for us to learn, grow, mature, and yes, even have fun! People say that when one becomes an "adult" they need to be mature and stop playing (in a sense;) but the truth is, nobody ever needs to "grow up." Yes, mature in ways where you can deal with life in a way that a child could not, but you NEVER want to stop having fun and enjoying life! God didn't give us life to cry about, moan about how hard things are (though they seem pretty rough sometimes) He gave us life as a gift, just as He took His sons life to give us the gift of everlasting life.

You know, as I sit here thinking of what I'm going to say next, I thought of something. We sit and complain about how hard life is, like, ALL the time! Yet, when someone dies, or we have to move, we cry and groan because we had such a great life before that happened! *shaking head* People don't realize what a good thing they have until they don't have it anymore. I have realized this a little bit too late in my life. I've taken too many things for granted, and not realized a blessing if it was starring me right in the face! The times when I was a kid and could just have a care free life...running through the woods with my brother, playing army in the garden (dirt grenades too ;-) and all sorts of things I just enjoyed having the freedom to do, now I wish things could be as simple as they were then. However, life can be that good again, not as careless maybe, but I can still enjoy it, I just have to make that choice. It life has gotten SO hard, but only since this past year. Not all bad things, or hard thing. I've met ew people that I'm SO blessed to know now, and totally thank God for them every day! Other people who have just made my life miserable, mistakes I've made, things I made a good choice about, I'm working more often, trying to focus on school more (though it seems when I do that I end up getting held back *sigh*) all these things getting thrown at me at once, it seems as if I get caught up in the things that are bad, and don't focus on all the blessings I've received this year!

Alright...bed time.

God bless, and always remember to count your blessings, you cannot be told that too many times throughout your life! You never know when those blessings will be taken away because they don't seem to be appreciated.

~ Jessie ~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing great Jess. The evidence of this is that you know your struggles and are dealing with them. I firmly believe that one individual with the enabling power of God can learn, do, and cope with just about anything, provided, of course, that He is doing it with His motive being to glorify Christ. One of my biggest faults (and I have reason to believe it is so with many others as well) is ignoring my problems, depressions, or embarrassments, and vainly hoping they will simply fix themselves in time or go away altogether. The first part to solving any problem is to acknowledge it is there. This principle seems so simple, yet can be so profound. Then comes prayer, preparation, evaluation, and study of the Bible. Finally, the applied part: doing what you've decided and intended. This is where we have to strive, as Brother Bill so aptly talked about during one message on loving others. Supplication is completely vain if we don't fulfill our part and do what we know we should.

I like your new blog site... The picture is more impressionistic as well... so peaceful, and so you!

I don't like to nag, especially since this is your first post and all, but make sure you edit you header content under "A Life of Faith."

I seem to notice so many more English errors everywhere I look, after taking this English course, which has really improved my writing format, I dare admit. That's the plague with any learning... along with understanding comes the ability to spot discrepancies. I have seen this as well in part writing. I try not to look at hymnals too intently when I'm singing in Church because I know if I did I would get caught up in analyzing all the voice leading errors, that I wouldn't be able to concentrate on either the notes or the message of the hymn.

This ended up way too long, I know... but I probably won't look at your blog for the rest of the week. I enjoy reading it, but I just have so much going!

Take care
-Dan

Jessie said...

Just thought I'd go ahead and say first, I can't reply to your email because our server has something wrong with it at the present.

Other than my content header being a little bit choppy, Mama and I didn't see anything wrong with it...I had a reason for the way I put it, so I think I'm just going to leave it alone and not worry about it. :-) You, of all people, should know I'm not a perfectionist with my writing.

Anonymous said...

How can life need something? People might need faith in order to be able to live "useful" lives, but "life" doesn't have feelings like humans do.

What proof do you have that Jesus exists? I structure my life on the belief that Jesus lived on earth, died a sinless death to pay for the sins of many, and rose from the dead to conquer the power of death. I can't prove it, however.
-Dan

Anonymous said...

Love the new blog, but why the change? I've gotten so behind on reading your blogs. It's the only way I can keep up with what's going on with you and your family, and yet I rarely find even the time to do that. I miss you guys so much! I haven't had a real conversation with you since you left the church. Even at Sara's wedding I only spoke to you briefly. I've sat down so many times to write you a really long letter, but I can't seem to remember to get them out in the mail before it's too late. I've even tried typing an email, but I have an ongoing struggle with writers block that all but drives me insane; especially when I'm trying to sum up an entire year without it being too boring to read. So much has happened; we have to get together and get caught up very soon.

Love you!

-Brandi

Jessie said...

Man...I didn't know I had a comment on here! It didn't send me an email...oops!

Why change the site? Well, I have other reasons, but the main one is that I wanted a different site name.

You're right though, we don't see one another very often (hardly at all!) anymore. When we did get together, I wasn't very talkative, I know. I've been getting more quiet around most people. I only have a few people I talk a lot to...but I'm trying to work on that. I've never been able to converse very well with people after I don't see them for a long time...guess that's NOT a good thing though!!! :-)

Well, with your letter...just write things as you think of them, I wouldn't mind a "choppy" letter from different days!

Love you too!

~ Jessie ~