Friday, May 8, 2009

Thursdays tennis experience

Ok, so I forgot all about writing about tennis!

I can’t remember the last time I played so well! (Ok, not GREAT.) I made over 6 serves in, in a ROW! Jonathan said the most I’ve ever gotten in was 1.…so I think 6 is a little bit better. J Then, during pinball I actually stayed in for about four rounds! I also had fun being sort of a “doubles” team. Pinball is actually a “every man for himself” sort of game, but Mark and I were in, and I got a ball that was going way behind him, so he ran up to the net and got one that I couldn’t get…then we’d switch…and just get each others balls. It was fun! Josh and I did the same thing…usually people just look at me and wait for me to get out so they can move over a space. Anyways…when I was in my lesson and got a bunch of serves in, I told Mama that I was only doing good because I was in a lesson (that’s how it usually works, do good in my lesson and stink in group) but when we did “King of the court” and had to play with serves, I got just about all of them in! It was so cool! I just need to work on making it more powerful now…I can get it in, but people always get it back because I don’t have the needed power behind it. I’m just freaking out that I’m getting serves in now though! That’s amazing when you saw what my serves USED to look like!

So, for me, tennis went great…I had fun, wasn’t grumpy…stayed happy the whole time…but Coach Jarrett seemed sort of sad or depressed about something. I kept asking him why he wasn’t smiling, and he said he was. Makes me sad when he doesn’t smile. Although, he was probably just REALLY tired! Poor guy, he’s got so much he’s doing right now…I told Mama that he’s probably just ready to stop and sleep for a few weeks!

Anyway, so that’s my post for Thursdays tennis. I actually REMEMBERED the camera this time, so I’ll try to get picture at the tournament! Also, I think we’ll be seeing my new cousin, Grace, so I’ll try to get pictures of her as well.

God bless,
~ Jessie ~

No comments: