Monday, May 4, 2009

Forever...I know

Well, I am sorry it has taken me so long to write something on here. It seems I haven't been doing a very good job on my writing lately, and I apologize. Life just seems SO busy right now, and I tend to forget about sharing everything on here. :-)

So, we have had two tennis tournaments since I have last written. The first, Samuel's team won the whole thing, so they will all be going to Denton this weekend for another tournament against other winning teams. Then, this past Saturdays tournament, Sam lost his first match and had to go into consolation, but won his match there and went into the semi-finals! He had to play another match the next morning and if he won that one, he'd play in the finals! HE DID win, and then beat the last kid he played...which means he got the bronze medal! He was SO excited! He's never won a medal before! Josh did very well on his matches, but he ended up losing pretty bad. The hard thing for Josh is, since he's about to turn 16, he has to play in the 18 year old draws, so he's playing against kids who have been playing most of their life whereas Josh has only been playing for 6 months! He is dong VERY well, and everyone he plays is totally shocked that he has only been playing that short of time. He has never had a problem with losing, he simply likes to play for fun, but after Sam won the medal he said he wished he'd won his two matches the day before. Poor guy....I feel sorry for him, but we keep telling him we're proud of his playing win or lose. I actually feel very sorry for the last kid Sam played. He was VERY good, had some MAJOR power hits, but he just didn't have a lot of consistency. He had traveled 3 hours to come to this tournament, and only plays in one once a month. He even had a bandage on his hands from having so many blisters! The whole time he was playing Sam, they would smile and laugh when they messed up, but the poor kid just beat himself up every time he hit a ball wrong or double faulted. As soon as the match was over, his mom went to their car, and Daddy and I think she was crying. Poor guy...I prayed the whole time for Sam to win, but I felt so sorry for that kid after it was over!

So, we haven't had group lessons for about a week and a half because Coach Jarrett had a test he had to take one Thursday, then last week he was out of town visiting his brother. Now, he's going to have to be the permanent substitute teacher because one of the teachers husband is dying from cancer. Wow...what a year! Everyone's schedule is SO busy, it is seeming like I won't get to see anyone for a long time! I didn't play tennis the last two group lessons, the first time because I had had a knee problem (I woke up one Sunday and couldn't walk) then the next time because I played on our slip and slide and landed on my head; because of that, I've had headaches ever since, so Mama didn't want me to get out and do damage if it was a concussion. She did an eye check, and said it wasn't a concussion, so I guess it's just something that will wear off. Anyways...I DID go play tennis with my friend Brandon last Friday, and that was SO much fun!
He's so happy/cheerful all the time, and was making me laugh SO much the entire time we played! I actually think it is IMPOSSIBLE to not be happy around him! He won't let you stay sad/depressed or have a pity party on yourself! He would make a perfect guy version of Pollyanna! :-)

School is going very well. I have LOTS of reading, but that's alright because reading is one of my favorite things to do! My driving is also part of shcool right now, and I'm loving it! It is a little bit stressful every now and then...but I really only have one problem right now. Twice I haven't slowed down enough turning onto another road. Well...actually...then there was the time I tried to shift instead of use the blinker, and hit the gas edal instead of the break...but I was going to go anyways then! I always make mental notes to myself about things I do wrong, so that I will fix them the next time around...sometimes I just don't sloe down enough or whatever it happens to be.

One quickie...Em and I have curtens in my room now! It looks SOOOO good!!

Alright...I'd better go now. I still have to pick up my room!

God bless, and I will try my very best ot write on here more often!

~ Jessie ~

No comments: