Sunday, May 10, 2009

Have you ever been friends with/met someone who said they were a Christian…they had great biblical answers to questions and talked about lessons God had taught them…yet, continually lived a life that went totally against what God’s word said? I get so frustrated when I make a friend only later learn that they had lied about their lives and what they truly believed! I’ve had someone tell me to my face that they didn’t do something, then about a week later learn they DID do it…which means they sat and lied to me about the whole thing. Because of that, I have been told to not talk to them, when I didn’t do anything in the first place! I honestly don’t know where the world is heading when you can’t even trust, supposedly, Christians people. It’s hard for me to believe someone that says they’re a Christians now when I see certain things they do…and doubting someone’s salvation should never happen. You’d think if someone says they’re a Christian, then when great sermons were preached, they would enjoy them and put the lessons into their lives…not say they hated the sermon! Usually the best sermons are the ones that convict you of something. But instead, people like normal sermons…when the pastor talks bad about the Jehovah’s witnesses, and how we shouldn’t take part in anything they do, and how we shouldn’t even listen to them. But we should WANT the pastor to actually stand up for what’s RIGHT…and not NOT mention a religion or such that is part of one of the members lives. He may say he’s “stepping on some toes” but unless you convict the people AT THE CHURCH, you’re just talking about things that can get a good “amen” about because they don’t have an issue with it!!!

No comments: