Friday, October 1, 2010

Blessings overflowing

I always find it so very encouraging when something you've worried about for so long has finally been put to rest, and God just takes the worry away. It's such a peaceful feeling. I find one of my biggest problems is taking all of the worries in my life and putting them on myself. That's an awful lot of stress for one person to carry alone.

As I've said before, many times, God has never intended for any of His children to carry the weight that the world puts on us. We have the ability, the gift, to put all of our cares and worries with God, let Him take them over and deal with the outcome. When we try to fix things our own way, it never has the end result that God would have achieved.

His many blessings I thank Him for daily. I should be so ashamed when I complain about anything at all in my life. Just being given life itself is a blessing! Having a house, a family, friends, clothes and shoes...all of these things are indulgences lots of people don't have. Isn't it sad when we just complain about every little thing? I pray to God we can be more grateful; that *I* will be more grateful.

Always remember: Even when things get tough, there is ALWAYS something good that has come out of the situation. Even the things that seem so tragic in our lives, God brings Glory to His name and will even make something good come out of the bad times. In the end, all that matters is God being glorified anyway.

Our little piddly worries, fears, problems and tragedies...God can, and WILL, work in every single one of them.

So today, thank Him for something; anything. He is Lord of all, and worthy of our praise.

"I worship the One, Creator of life, maker of every breath. And I worship the One, giver of grace, able to conquer death. Worthy, worthy is the One true God. I worship the One, the Author of faith, who wrote every page of time. And I worship the One, whose love never fails, every heart in mine. Worthy, worthy is the One true God. I lift my praise to You, I lift my heart and soul to You." -Marshall Hall: Worship The One

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jessie,
Thankfulness is such a good practice. It is to receiving blessings what savoring your food is to eating. How often do I receive a blessing only to rush off to find the next one, never stopping to celebrate the never ending love of God. Thankfulness is also contagious. Thanks for trying to get us all sick!

Jessie said...

Thanks for the reminder, as well. I think many times I hurry to see what my next blessing will be, without enjoying, and being thankful for all of the ones right in front of me.