Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Strength with no limits

I finally went to the dentist today; the first time in quite a while. I found out I have another tooth that needs a root canal. All of that pain I endured for 2 days, I thought I wouldn't have a normal feeling mouth again. On top of that, my voice is basically gone. Seems when things start going poorly, I rely on my own strength to get through them. How typical of me! I believe God gives me such hard things to deal with because I haven't learned my lesson yet. Year after year something ends up happening to me and I just get all upset about it and think I'm worthless. Because of sin, we all have problems we face every day; we all have some kind of pain here and there. It is then that we are to lean on God, who's strength has NO limits! We are but a mess of sin, but God will carry us through if we let Him. He will take our cares and make them His own, not just share the heavy load, but take it from us altogether. No, that doesn't mean we won't have problems still, or get discouraged. But when we lean on the everlasting, all powerful Father, we have HIS strength on our side. We no longer have to rely on ourselves to get through each day, for God is there beside us, lifting us up, showing mercy to us, and loving us in spite of ourselves.

THAT is the vastness of God's strength; strength with no limits, strength that is unmeasurable.

3 comments:

Nathan Parker said...

I love this!! Thanks for the encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Amen girl...All of your last blogs totally encompass the one giant blog I've been working on and altering for a month now...I love how you are able to write so concisely, while being so full of rich text. I am not sure I'll ever be able to manage that.

Jessie said...

Aww, thanks. :) I'm sure your blog will be amazing!