Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lessons still to learn

At times, life seems so simple. We can see where we are headed, what the road ahead leads to. Or so we think. In a matter of seconds our world changes. Sometimes in a bad, unthinkable way; other times, in an amazing way. With everything I've ever been through (keep in mind I'm not even 20 yet lol) God has taught me one lesson over and over countless times.

For my life to turn out okay, *I* don't need to know what the future holds. Amazingly enough, it's almost a shock every time I remember this once again. I feel I need to keep things in my control for them to go alright...or maybe it's just that I'm a control freak when it comes to how my life turns out, I don't know. lol

Different situations result in different reactions and decisions. My prayer is that I will, one day, finally get this lesson to stick in my head. Little by little I'm learning. Those wiser than I teach me quite a lot, sometimes I listen, sometimes I pull away and do what *I* want. I pray that I will work harder to listen to God's leading and simply let go of my will...and follow His.

"Let God's promises shine on your problems." ~Corrie Ten Boom

No comments: