Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Growing pains

Most of my day was spent thinking. About...well, pretty much everything. My brain does that quite often.

After going to the gym with my dad, I was worn out. Trying to keep up with him is harder than I thought. I may be younger, but he definitely has more endurance. lol I love him to death, and I love how he pushes me.

Most of my life has been spent trying to fit in. I have always been the shy/spunky, quiet/weird...you name it, I was it (when it came to the kind of person that people didn't want to hang out with). I had friends, but eventually I got to where I just didn't trust many people at all. Through it all, of course, God taught me a lot. It's ok for me to have friends, but I don't need to put all my trust in the people around me. There is a place for that, but all my trust needs to be put in Christ. All my love needs to be poured into him. Only then can true trust and love be given to other people.

To find worth in "things" or "people" in this life will always keep an empty feeling deep down. Christ is the only thing that can make us feel fulfilled. I knew this a long time ago...but it's still hard to keep it in good practice every day. This world is a fallen place. Plain and simple. I cannot be perfect, nor can anyone else. Saved or unsaved. But because I have Christ living within me, I have the option of CHOOSING to do right. Before Christ was in my life, I could only choose sin.

“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing."

Growing is never easy. Just like we will have growing pains from our bones...so will we have pains from growing mentally and spiritually. Growing is never easy. Things change and we have to accept the new cercumstances that God sends us. We don't know why certain things happen, but in everything God sends us, He has a reason and a plan for it. All we have to do is trust him with our whole heart.

2 comments:

Iris Smith said...

Jessie, for such a young woman, you have amazing insight! I always enjoy reading your blog!
--Nathan's Aunt Iris

Jessie said...

Aww, thank you. :)