Monday, March 14, 2011

Life's journey

For the past year and a half God has been trying to teach me the same thing over and over. Forgiveness. My arguments to Him every time someone does something that is hard for me to forgive is "well, they did something awful! It's hard to forgive them, God. I don't know if I can." I've realized just how selfish this is.

Even after everything I've done, sinful rotten person and all, God still loved me enough that He forgave everything I've ever done...and WILL ever do. How then, can I compare my life and the "hard" things in it to God's love and forgiveness He's had for me? I can't. Well, I do, but it shouldn't be possible. There is no comparison. There is NOTHING anyone can do to me that is worse than what I did to Christ.

Because of my sin, Jessica's sin, Christ had to die on a cross...the most excruciatingly painful punishment known to man. I may think I can't forgive someone, but in reality it's that I "won't".

My life, and all the so called worrisome problems in it, are nothing. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. God never gives us more than we can handle, He simply wishes for us to let Him take our burdens.

There are lots of things that I've carried through my life. All of which should have been handed over to God. Maybe some day I'll learn...in the mean time, I will keep trying. I know I won't ever be perfect, I know I cannot ever be happy without my God. I know God can give me the peace, joy, forgiving heart and love that I need to have. I simply have to trust Him with all that I am with all that I have.

“Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can,
as long as ever you can.” -John Wesley

No comments: