Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Free with Christ

Love is amazing, isn't it? To have a love that will forgive and forgive...it's that never ending forgiveness that can heal so many things and bring joy to so many.

I have this awful, terrible habit of judging. The worst part is, I don't even realize I've done it until it's flown out of my mouth. It cannot be taken back at that point. It's so hard not to judge those around me that my brain says are "less righteous" or something of that nature. Honestly, it means I think I'm better than people around me. My goodness. Everything I've done in my life, and I'm judging others for that THEY do? You see, this love which I spoke of, it's God's. Once I've realized I have sinned, I can ask for forgiveness and it's mine. Right then and there. You see, not a single thing anyone else has done is even the slightest bit worse than the wrong that I have done. Every sin, whether we see it as minor or not, is the same in God's eyes. MY sin, is as bad as the murderer and thief in the cells of a prison. Pretty humbling thing to think about. To think of how selfish and judgmental I have been just brings tears to my eyes; that love that God has so graciously given me is something I'm keeping to myself and causing others to see sin and not Christ Jesus.

There's a song I've been listening to a lot lately (K-LOVE radio has played it a lot just when I need it). It's been amazing how much of an affect on my life it has had on me this past week.
To not have worries and stress weighing me down...it's just one of the most amazing things I've ever felt. Every time anyone does something that hurts me and doesn't apologize, I've always hidden it inside, sat and thought about it all day and night. It creeps up on me when I've just gotten a smile on, it haunts me when I pray...

The song is about forgiveness. Even if it's just that one of my brothers or sisters has said something hurtful (even if it's unintentional) or anything else.
I MUST forgive them. It's either forgive, or be miserable. And you know what? I'm tired of being miserable. I'm ready to live my life and be happy. To show the love of the Lord Jesus!

Here are the lyrics of that song. It's called "7x70"

"I’ve been living in this house here since the day that I was born. These walls have seen me happy, but most of all they’ve seen me torn. They’ve heard the screaming matches, that made a family fall apart. They’ve had a front row seat
to the breaking of my heart.

7 times 70 times I’ll do what it takes to make it right. I thought the pain was here to stay, but forgiveness made a way. 7 times 70 times there’s healing in the air tonight. I’m reaching up to pull it down, gonna wrap it all around.

I remember running down the hallway, playing hide-and-seek. I didn’t know that I was searching, for someone to notice me. I felt alone and undiscovered and old enough to understand. Just when I’m s’posed to be learning to love, you let me doubt again.

7 times 70 times I’ll do what it takes to make it right, I thought the pain was here to stay, but forgiveness made a way 7 times 70 times, there’s healing in the air tonight. I’m reaching up to pull it down, gonna wrap it all around.

I lost count of the ways you let me down but no matter how many times you weren’t around, I’m all right now.

God picked up my heart and helped me through, and shined a light on the one thing left to do. And that’s forgive you, I forgive you." -Chris August

If I can learn to forgive, love, and show kindness as Christ does me, I will be so free.

No comments: