Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Unexpected blessings

Everyone has had that time in their life that seems harder than all others. They feel like the outcast, unloved, alone, etc, etc. It's a sad time.

Then one day out of the blue, God sent a blessing. Yes, it was unexpected, but taken with open arms. Finally! Someone who understands me, who listens to me and doesn't stick around just because they get something out of the friendship!

Indeed, I've had this happen. It was slow because I wasn't willing to trust...but I found that friend. JUST when I needed it, I was sent a blessing. He was a little wild (well, super unexpected with the things he decided to do,) he pushed me to do these very kinds of things (which freaked me out and intrigued me all at the same time,) he popped SO many of my bubbles that I'd built up over my lifetime...depressing ones, sad ones, fearful ones...he listened when I had something to say, and he just accepted me for who I was. He didn't care if I couldn't swim, didn't tease me with how I dressed or how shy I would get, didn't shun me when I said what was on my mind...it was what I had needed, right when I needed it.

God has perfect timing. His sure beats mine for sure! Nathan has seen the worst I can be, yet he still chooses to be there for me. That is more rare than finding a four leaf clover. ;)
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

God has shown me so much this past year. He's brought me to my knees, to tears, laughter harder than ever before, I've counted my blessings and found an abundance of them; I've been taught so much, and I still have SO much to learn! I pray God will keep breaking me until I go to be with Him someday. A friend said awhile back "God is breaking me, and it's a beautiful thing." And it is! It's absolutely beautiful! You see, when God breaks us it is with a love that no man can give, and when He rebuilds us we are better than ever before! He redesigns our whole life and sheds light on different things we never noticed before. He gives and gives even when we fail Him. He never leaves us, even in the times when we think He has.

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. "
~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

2 comments:

Nathan Parker said...

Thanks Jessie :)

You're really special too!

Jessie said...

Only because God chose to let me be. :)