Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ordinary days

I love doing random things and being spontaneous, but sometimes I just don't like change. Things or people I come in contact with that I just want to stay the same for the rest of my life. But I've learned that's never God's plan. I should be thankful that I still have family and friends here with me when so many people don't.

Following God's plan for my life even if it means some hurt every now and then will be 100% worth it, I have no doubt, but before His plan has been completed, I will still be sad when a friend moves on. Ties between friends are usually pretty deep with certain people, and I've had many friends move on with their life that meant not seeing me as much. It never gets easier.

I know God has a plan for every person that moves on past me, and I am trying to trust that "it will all be ok" like my parents always tell me. Those ordinary days when you do the same thing over and over can be so peaceful, then one day you realize you haven't gotten much done with your life because you haven't done anything extraordinary. That is what I hope to start doing.

"We were never meant to compromise; settle for mediocrity. This life was never meant to be a waste of time. With all that is within me, says no more just existing.
Live like there's no tomorrow. Love extravagantly. Lead a life to be followed, goodbye ordinary.
No more complacency, no more just settling this time. Goodbye to atrophy, for we were meant to be alive." -MercyMe

No comments: