Sunday, May 1, 2011

The role model

"I cannot trust a man to control others who cannot control himself." -Robert E. Lee

It's pretty amazing how many people I put up on pedestals or think of as "role models" in my life, and yet the things they do for others is not at all what they are doing in their own life.

Beware of hypocrites who don't walk their talk. Who will lead an army of people into something they are not willing to fight for themselves.

God should be my role model, the one I look up to and wish to be like. The one to live my life after...and doing this, my life will look like love. Straight, honest to goodness love from Christ. This pure love is something we can only get from Christ. We can't get it by the greatest self-help or motivational books. To live, we must die to ourselves and surrender to Christ. We won't have a perfect life, but it will certainly be an amazing life. Far more meaningful than man can comprehend.

No comments: