Saturday, June 4, 2011

I've given it over!

As I've been listening to K-Love (a radio station) I have realized one main theme: I am a sinner, one who had no chance of saving herself. I am still brought to tears when I think of how awful I have been all my life and yet, I am still forgiven because of the gift my God gave to me (and the whole world) over a couple of thousand years ago.
"I was lost, but now am found"
"I'm just a sinner saved by grace"
"Saved, I'm saved. My sins are now pardoned"
"Searching for the words to thank my King, humbled by my silent offering. Tears of joy well from the depths of my soul, there is no greater gift I know, I’ll ever know."

Jesus, the perfect being, the One who has never sinned, came to this awful sinful world to save ME. He came to save YOU. He will give the gift of forgiveness to anyone who asks of it. I feel like I get a big head sometimes, because I'm "a Christian." But you know what that means? It means I am just as sinful as the rest of the world, I have simply asked for God's forgiveness. No wrong that I have ever done has been any less of a sin than the murderers, thieves, liars, and adulteress. Nothing. If I think of them as being low for what they have done, then I MUST, by God's law, put myself there as well.

Whereas those who are not saved are "sinners" I am simply a "sinner, saved by grace." The perfect, loving, merciful grace of God.

It's so easy to judge everyone around me for the things that they do wrong, but God looks at the big picture, and sees every human as being a fallen race who knows nothing of a perfect life.

I might think I have rough times every now and then...and you know what? That is so very selfish. My Lord took beatings, whippings, and being hung on the cross all for me doing things that I would call my "everyday life."

There are so many people that use the gift that God has given us and run with it. They glow Christ wherever they go...even if it simply means smiling to everyone they come in contact with (the unsaved AND their brothers and sisters in Christ.) With as many people out there that are miserable today, smiling all the time means you have something amazing. I am ashamed of how often I have been around people and have just looked down and not smiled at a single person. How awful to hide such joy that I should have for all that has been given to me! I just don't realize how blessed I am unless I sit and think about it...and even then it's only every now and then. What I SHOULD be doing is, first thing when I wake up, sit and thank God for everything that He has given me and what He is going to send me that very day. Even if it's stressful and full of trials, I am still to be thankful.

- "In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:18

- "The LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."
Job 1:21

- "Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."
Romans 12:12

- "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."
1 Corinthians 10:13

- "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
John 16:33

- "More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance"
Romans 5:3

- "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

- "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us."
Romans 8:18

- "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds"
James 1:2

We must remember that tribulations help us grow, and God will never give us more than we can handle. We may think we're going through something unbearable, but we must always remind ourselves that God allows things to happen to us, but He does not wish for us to take them into our own hands and try to fix everything ourselves. This is one of my biggest faults. If anything bad or difficult happens in my life, I try to not "bother" God with my problems and figure I can fix them myself. WRONG. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times; God did not make us to handle the stresses of life. We are to give it all over to Him every single day. The past two weeks, for the first time in my life, I have been free of stresses and worries almost every single day. I never thought I would be able to let go of so many things, but God finally helped me release things into His hands, and now I no longer have to worry about it all!

I serve an amazing God that can work out and repair the most impossible things in our minds. But you know what? He works miracles; even today. So trust in Him! Have some of that faith we always talk about!

1 comment:

Tim Hoover said...

Hide it under a bushel...NO! I'm gonna let it shine!