Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Strength and beauty

"What you gonna do when the bottom falls out, and you're left with nothing but your fear and your doubt to hold to, who will hold you? Where you gonna run when it's all on the line, and you're looking for someone to save your life, to save your life.
Love can hear you. Love can heal you, if you let it inside."

This song has encouraged me today. I hear and read that (among other things) God is love. It's an amazing promise to know that the God of love, mercy and peace can hear me and heal me. No matter what I'm are going through or have gone through in the past, God can heal anything. When I think things won't ever get better, or that I can't make it through a hard time, I have to remember that "God works all things together for good for those who love Him."

Life is rough, that's just a fact. But I don't have to be alone when things aren't going well because God has also promised that "He live never leave you nor forsake you." What a promise. To know that the God who created everything is there for me no matter what happens, all I have to do is call out to Him.

Maybe not in other people's eyes, but in God's eyes, I am an amazing creation. And no matter what Satan tells me, I am not simply a piece of junk that can't function in this world. I used to be a sinner on my way to hell, but since I have been forgiven by Christ, I am made new! It's simply mind-blowing to read in the bible that I am a treasure and jewel to God. I am still a sinner, but as I said before, now I am a sinner saved by the wonderful grace of God.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
-Deuteronomy 31:6

"The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you."
-Psalm 9:9-10

No comments: