Thursday, June 30, 2011

"Praise ye the Lord"

Every day I see myself smiling more, complaining less, and being more thankful for the things and people I have been blessed with. The feeling is overwhelming. God's grace and peace has just washed over me like a flood. I have done nothing to deserve His blessings, yet He has given them to me anyway. That is something I can never repay Him for.

As I sit here listening to a song, I can't help but think of all the times God has blessed me, and I haven't praised Him for it. Now my heart just wants to sing these words,

"Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us, Son of God and Man
You are high and lifted up; and all the world will praise Your great name. Redeemer, My Healer, Lord Almighty. My savior, Defender, You are My King." (By: Natalie Grant)

He is my Savior, and He is always worthy to be praised no matter what life throws at me. what Satan tries to get me down with, or what my circumstances are. My God will never leave me and will always love me. What a promise!

Psalm 106: 1-2 "Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Who can utter the mighty acts of the Lord? Who can declare His praise?"

Psalm 111:1-3 "Praise the Lord! I will praise the Lord with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright and in the congregation. The words of the Lord are great, studied by all who have pleasure in them. His work is honorable and glorious."

No comments: