Monday, August 1, 2011

A blessing gone home

There are many times when God does something that I totally don't understand. He moves and works in ways that we can't comprehend and sometimes it's very hard to have the faith knowing He knows what's best for every single one of us.

God sends people into our life who make huge impacts...they change so many lives, give their whole life for the Lord's work. They love like nobody else and touch thousands of people by just knowing them.

Today I found out a friend from church went to be with the Lord. His life truly reflected Christ in everything He did. His love for the Lord and all of those around him was astounding. The fire He had for God was contagious and you couldn't help but want to do more in your own life. You realized just how much you could be doing when you looked at Jimmy's life.

We all think we have until we're old and grey to do what God has called us to do. We waste so much time doing things that don't matter just to pass the time and then it's too late. Jimmy did more in his short life than many Christians that are up in age. He gave everything He had and put it in full throttle for God.

I know many people are hurting right now, and the only reassurance and peace we have is that Jimmy is with the One he loved more than anything else. He is singing up in heaven for the One he gave his life for. I know he is so very happy...I just pray God would give all of us who don't have him in our lives anymore peace. Because we know Jimmy is happier up there than he was down here. He gave His life for the one who gave him life, and is now up in heaven for eternity.

I thank God with all my heart for letting me know Jimmy. I thank Him for the blessing he was to all of those who knew him. I praise Him for the example he left behind for many to follow.

Matthew 5:12 "Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven"

Matthew 6:20 "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust
do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."


John 14:2 "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would
have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you."


II Peter 3:13 "But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new
heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness."


Revelation 2:7 "Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God."

Revelation 21:1-5 "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from
God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of
God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and
God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." "

1 comment:

T.J. Ware said...

Jessie, you are so right. Chandler has impressed so many of us and made us want to serve the Lord even more. My mom was just looking at his photos and she said "wow, I am 50 years old and I have never served God like him..."

I agree that it is very difficult to understand God's plan sometimes, but I know that He will be glorified.