Sunday, July 31, 2011

A long weekend down

During my trip to Austin this past weekend, I had so many thoughts going through my head.
#1- There are SO many people that need God
#2- I am still way too judgmental
#3- God has blessed with some new amazing friends this year. :)
#4- I have the most amazing brothers and sisters!

I saw the "weirdness" people talk about when referring to Austin and thought to myself "Why are these people living their life in total confusion when complete peace is right at their fingertips?" Then I thought to myself, "Oh, maybe these people haven't been shown love by any Christians because of who they are." It just makes my heart ache to see so many people trying to find fulfillment in gender swaps, alcohol, flirting, bad attitudes and cheating. These people aren't good because they have no good in them...we have no good in us as humans. We cannot expect any less.

HOWEVER.

We CAN show them the love of Christ, and that they won't have to keep searching for "the meaning of life" once they find Jesus. Some people call it a religion; to many that's all it is. A time to go to church on Sunday, you do "good works before men" and that makes you a "Christian." But that is so not what it's about. Christianity, TRUE Christianity, is a lifestyle. It's something you have become part of your life and it changes you inside out. You then shine Jesus instead of your fleshly self... which is all sin anyway. You become something people want to be like because of the peace you have. You know where you're going...they don't have a clue or won't admit to "believing" in heaven or hell.

I can go to my bed and stand there all day saying it's not really there, or that I don't believe it's not there. But that's ridiculous, because it IS. Just the same with Christ, heaven and hell. Just because you say you don't believe in them doesn't make them any less there.

I have this awful attitude problem sometimes...if you know me well them you'll know... I tend to sit and talk about how awful so and so is for doing _____. I will say how *I* would have done or said it, and then it becomes a huge battle of the judge. I judge til I can't think of anything else negative about that person then just say I was venting. If anything, I should vent to God...the one who can give true love for another person even if they get on my nerves or do things I wouldn't do. I want to love people do bad, I really do; Satan just tends to grab my heart and try to convince me how much better I'd feel if only I let out the thoughts I had about another person...no, it never makes me feel better just so you know.

I want to love those around me like Jesus did while He was here on earth, and does still to this day. I want to shine Him everywhere I go and have people ask me why I'm so different.

Lastly...my siblings and friends. Ah. Just a smile in itself right there. My siblings have taught me the meaning of support for other people, and how to encourage better. They have taught me the value of team spirit and being there for one another. My new friends have taught me how much I still have to learn and grow. lol God puts people in my life that will teach me new things, get me outside of my comfort zone, meet new people, go new places, do things I never would have allowed myself to believe I COULD do...all kinds of things. God is good, and has given me so many blessings.

I am who I am. I believe what I beleive because it is true. I have the freedom to chose what I do and don't want to do; I have made my mind up about certain things that I will stay away from in my life, and I hope people will be understanding of that. My God is not a religion, but a God of majesty, wonder, peace, mercy, wrath, love, judgement and righteousness and will not be put to shame by anyone or anything. He is my Lord, and I will stand up for Him no matter the cost.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7

"But being full of the Holy Spirit, he (Stephen) gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; and he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” But they cried out with a loud voice, and covered their ears and rushed at him with one impulse. When they had driven him out of the city, they began stoning him; and the witnesses laid aside their robes at the feet of a young man named Saul. They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!” Then falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them!” Having said this, he fell asleep." -Acts 7:55-60

No comments: