Thursday, August 4, 2011

Not "goodbye," but "see you soon."

Today was so hard. All of the memories I had and the aching I experienced years ago from my dear sister in Christ going on to be with the Lord were all brought back. Along with so many other stressful things I've been dealing with, it was easy for me to sit and think about myself and how sad and upset I was.

After awhile of crying and feeling sorry for myself and all I've been through, God reached down and lifted my head towards Him and reminded me that, through Kara and Jimmy's lives, MANY came to know Him and have a better relationship with Him. He reminded me of the fact that knowing them was the blessing, not them knowing me. I was brought back to reality and the fact that it WAS a blessing simply knowing these two amazing, inspiring people. The love they showed for their Savior and the devotion for spreading their love and passion for the Lord will forever be with me.

I get selfish and feel sorry for myself that I don't have these people with me anymore...then I think of all the things they're doing in heaven. I remember that God's plan is perfect and without fault. I know He took them home because He was finished with them. I am still so deeply saddened by their passing and I will miss them until I see them again someday, but they don't want to come back. They're up with Christ and all the angels. They're able to sing praises not looking up towards God, but they're singing in the presence of God! They're able to speak with the people we've only read about...and they are without pain and suffering. They don't have to deal with the heartache of the world and all of the troubles there is to deal with. They're with the one they loved more than anything else.

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away." -Revelation 21:4

For the time God gave me with these two incredible people, I will forever be thankful. They not only changed thousands of lives, but mine in particular. They showed me that giving every minute of every day for the Lord is very possible...and not only possible, but something that can be done with joy!


"How lovely is Your dwelling place, Oh Lord Almighty. My soul doth long, and even faint for You. Here my heart Is satisfied, within Your presence. I see beneath
the shadow of Your wings.

Better is one day in Your courts, better is one day in Your house, better is one day in Your courts than thousands elsewhere.
Better is one day in Your courts, better is one day in Your house, better is one day in Your courts, than thousands elsewhere.

My heart and flesh cry out for You, the Living God. Your Spirit's water to my soul
I've tasted, and I've seen. Come once again to me, I will draw near to You.

Better is one day in Your courts, better is one day in Your house, better is one day in Your courts, than thousands elsewhere. Than thousands elsewhere."
(Kutless "Better is one day.")

Lord I pray that You will use me, as you used Jimmy and Kara. I pray that I will release my wishes and desires for only what You want for my life. That I will long to be with You more than living my life, but that I would give all I have for You and Your name.

Jimmy and Kara,
I will see you again someday, my dear friends...and I cannot wait!

No comments: