Friday, September 2, 2011

Just in case you've been thinking...

I think about this on occasion and thought I would go ahead and share some of my reasons for how I write. I know several times people have told me they took my writing a certain way when it was never my intention to sound like that.

I used to have a habit of constantly writing about what "you" should do or how to fix "your" problems and I'm afraid it often came across as me thinking I had all of the answers. I have tried to turn it around and use things such as "I need to work on ____" or "if only I would do ____" just so everyone knows I'm not trying to say I have all the answers about all of the problems we face, or that I have figured out my life and the complications in it. Because I haven't. God knows I haven't done that!

Also, when I mention things I went through or problems I face I want you all to know I do that not so I can get everyone feeling sorry for me, but to let those who are struggling know they aren't alone; that everyone has hardships and rough patches in life but to remind everyone, and myself, that God is in control. I want to encourage everyone that no matter how great people think your life looks, everyone has problems. I mention my mistakes so there is no way anyone could say I think I'm perfect or have it all figured out, not to throw a pity party.

I will admit I may not always have the best balance for all of these things, but I really do care about my readers and what they're going through. Even though the things you go through are totally different than what I will go through, whether worse or not, we all have moments of needing encouragement.

My blog is a place for me to write my thoughts, "revelations" I experience in life, and struggles I have come through with the strength from God. It is not a self-help book or a list of things to do or not to do.

I'm not perfect, I will be the first to admit I probably have things figured out less than most people and that I certainly make my fair share of mistakes. But God is good and uses everything for His glory.

So, that's why I share the way I do...in case you were wondering.

No comments: