Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Growing Old

From the time of Creation God has given chance after chance, loved when mankind behaved in a way that was unlovable, had patience when we were stubborn, ached when we did wrong, and died when the time had come.

Looking at my own life, as my birthday is quickly approaching, I've realized that I live each moment not as if it were my last, but as if I had a lifetime more to live.

This life is a gift, not to be taken for granted; this life is a blessing, not to be taken lightly. We were put here for a purpose. One thing alone. How often do I push it to the back of my mind, simply to hope for another day of time?

God looks down, guiding my steps and path, yet I take the easy road; I take the road full of temptations, full of pain. "My Lord" I ask looking to the sky, "Why?" when it was my choice, my decision all along.

I take more than I give, I complain more than I say a prayer of thanks. I complain of pain instead of feeling HIS life that was slain.

I read His word with a closed mind, only seeing what I wish to see; only doing the least hoping to still get through the day with a "Well Done".

-Is this pleasing to God?
-Is this what I was made for?
-Is this what I promised to do when I received His Son?


The answer is no, I know which way I should go for HE gives me wisdom, HE is more than a mere religion.

My God is great. My God is strong. My God, You alone can clear the storms. You alone can bring peace out of destruction. Out of a life full of rejection.

He is here. Waiting with open arms as we fall to our knees and realize where we've gone wrong.

My life is but a short time here on earth; today I ask that God would show me my worth through Him, so I may shine His marvelous glory to all who look.

No comments: