Monday, November 14, 2011

Love Goes Both Ways

"Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to Your name give glory because of Your lovingkindness, because of Your truth." -Psalm 115:1

"And the four living creatures, each one of them having six wings, are full of eyes around and within; and day and night they do not cease to say,
“HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is THE LORD GOD, THE ALMIGHTY, WHO WAS AND WHO IS AND WHO IS TO COME.”
And when the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, to Him who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders will fall down before Him who sits on the throne, and will worship Him who lives forever and ever, and will cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
"Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created.”

How often do we go on about the abundance of Gods love towards us, yet forget to remember that we should tell of our love for HIM, as well?

It's so easy to tell other people how much God loves them; it's easy to remind ourselves how much God cares for us. Not to belittle this whatsoever, but how often do we stop and remember to show our love for God, instead of simply receiving all of the love?

So many times in my daily activities when I face a problem or time of pain, I remind myself that God is there for me, that He loves me more than anything...because it's comforting...because it's what I'm supposed to do. He is so amazing, and will give strength and comfort any time we ask. But honestly, we were put on this earth to glorify God. I think I often want to soak in all the love of Christ and not let it come back out. We are to praise Him and give Him all of our adoration; to love Him with such a strong passion that it's visible by all who see us.

Our God is worthy of our entire life; everything within us.

"The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge;
my savior..." -2 Samuel 22:2-4


When we show our love for Christ, it should be not only when we're alone but when we're around other people, Christians or not. We should outwardly show how much we love Him by our actions and the way we speak.

"If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal." -1 Corinthians 13:1

- - - - - -

We will be built up in God, strengthened in our faith and in turn, be kept in the love of Jesus.

What is our reaction when someone we love is endangered? We protect them with all of our power and strength. Sometimes we're even willing to risk our life for them. We constantly talk about how much we love them, always bringing them up in our conversations...whether it fits or not. There will be a time when the word of God is endangered, not ever to be lost forever, but people do try to destroy it; everyday...possibly even to a point where one day all that's left is what we know of it, I don't know. This might be why God told us to keep His word on our hearts. If you look in the bible though, you will see that our job is to tell others of the One we love so they, too, might have something great worth living for. To carry on the love we've been given and hand it to other people.

"But you, beloved, ought to remember the words that were spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ, that they were saying to you, “In the last time there will be mockers, following after their own ungodly lusts.” These are the ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit. But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life. And have mercy on some, who are doubting; save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh.
Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy..."


Remember the lyrics that say,
"Jesus I am so in love with You."

Just like in marriage where it takes both people loving, our relationship with Christ cannot be without our love aimed toward Him. Though He loves those who try to destroy His children, a true relationships cannot be without love. This also comes from Christ.

I've been thinking a lot lately about the condition of my relationship with God. He loves me even when I make the worst of mistakes; He continues to guide me and has never given up on me no matter how bad I've been. He shows His love to me countless times a day. How often, I asked myself, do I show that same love to my Savior? He never makes a mistake, never lets me down, never holds His forgiveness from me, never leaves me, never turns His back on me in tough times, never stops loving me...He is perfect through and through, and I "forget" to show my love for Him.

I will strive to show in my life, not only God's love, but also my love for Him.

No comments: