Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blessings

My day was spent around a group of amazing people, doing something super fun, but also a good ministry.

We organized and packed the goodie bags for the Hope Open tennis tournament. The people that were there helping just had such a beautiful glow of happiness. One of the ladies, especially, is such an encouragement to everyone she comes in contact with. Her love for helping others is amazing and never ending. Her enthusiasm for life is so very contagious, and makes me smile even now just thinking about her.

God sends people our way for a reason. I met this amazing lady last year at this very tournament, and have thought of her quite often throughout the past year unable to wait for the tournament to roll around again so me and my family could work with her once again. My family and I both talk about her for ages after the tournament is over.

To meet someone who is just so full of life and love for others is definitely a treasure to remember. With so many people being hurt, hurting inside, or being miserable with their life...it's always so uplifting to see even just one person who is full of energy and life!

I pray I will catch some of what Mrs. Heather has in this short time I'm around her again. Her smile is a beam of God's love, and living proof that there are still good people out there to meet and join together with.

Maybe you have someone in your life that encourages you more than anyone you've ever met. Let them know how much they mean to you; there are so many people that mean so much to so many, but rarely get encouragement themselves. They live their life for others, never knowing if they've made a difference...it's a good habit to try and uplift those who are always doing the uplifting. It's something I do not hardly ever do, and something I so wish I was better at. I sure know how much is means to me when someone tells me I've encouraged them in some area.

Life your life to the fullest! God loves you, and will take care of all your needs. Life isn't perfect, but our God most definitely is! :)

2 comments:

stapriddy said...

I knew exactly who you were talking about! You are so right about her! I hope we never lose the observation skills of finding Christ in others.

Jessie said...

Amen! :)