Thursday, July 14, 2011

Treasured above all things

I was searching for lyrics the other day to put on my iTouch so I'd be able to sing the correct words with my songs; just now, as I was listening to one, I looked down at the lyrics and they weren't the correct one's for the song; as a matter of fact, they weren't even the same group. I was curious, so I sat and read through them and was just astonished at how perfect they were for things I've been going through lately.

Read the lyrics carefully through and you'll see what I mean...

"When no one wants to know you, wants to claim you or look deep in your eyes.
When those you love give you up, hurt you so bad you can't stand to fight.
Well, I've known that darkest hour, that's where I found true love. Jesus lifted me from the dead of night, and He'll never give me up.

I'm his beloved and He's mine. Nothing can separate, no space, no time. No death, no life, no person, no power. So strong is the love of my Heavenly Father, I'm His beloved.

There are days when I look away, for a moment I stray. But He's always there waiting. There are times I look in His eyes with tears filling mine, and He reaches to hold me. Through the constant pounding on my door, from this age and its deceit.
I will cry to God from my heart of hearts, He is all the strength I need.

I'm his beloved and He's mine. Nothing can separate, no space, no time. No death, no life, no person, no power. So strong is the love of my Heavenly Father.

Well, I can't make sense of it, but it's my security. Nothing can separate the love,
the love He has for me."

("Beloved" by Lara Landon)

It's so easy to forget how much we ARE loved when the world says it will only love us if we do certain things or look a certain way. See, this is where I tend to get lost. Satan always throws at me that when I do wrong, God doesn't love me as much as He once did (even though God's word says the opposite). So I try to please the world by fitting in and blending in to the crowd thinking I have people's love. This is very backwards. You see, the world will love you only if you follow by their rules; if you stray even slightly, they leave. So it's really more of a fake "acceptance" than any kind of love at all. Whereas Jesus loves us no matter what we have done, what we do, or what we look like. Once we have Him in our heart, He is there for eternity and will never leave no matter what we do.

We *are* loved by Jesus Christ. We *are* special and treasured in His eyes.

People will fail us. They will leave us. They will hurt us. They will say we are nothing. They will trade us in for something "better". They will give us false hope and loyalty.
But God will never fail us. Never leave us. He will never hurt us. He says we are treasured. He will keep us set apart and never give us away. He gives only true hope and is loyal to the ends of the earth.

Satan will do all he can to try and bring us astray from God's love. He will send lies to our hearts and fill our head with falsities to keep our mind from Christ's soft voice saying we are HIS alone.

We often forget that the gentle voices are the true comforts. Loud and boisterous voices confuse and cause pain. We need to remember that those loud voices are not of God. We must stop and concentrate on listening to the Lord, "for He will give you rest." "He is our help in trouble," "the calm in the storm." Rely on HIM, and Him alone.

" 'Cause You came to break the chains apart, to wake the dead and the sleeping of our hearts."

We all need to open our hearts to the truth of God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you :-) I needed to hear this today.

Jessie said...

You're welcome! I'm glad God used my writing to encourage someone I wouldn't have otherwise touched. :)