Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Every Good and Perfect Thing

"There is none righteous, not even one; there is none who understands, there is none who seeks for God; all have turned aside, together they have become useless; there is none who does good, there is not even one." Romans 3:10-12

The day I realize I cannot be perfect or good is the day I will be be home with Jesus. Even though, at times, I admit that I cannot do anything good outside of Christ, I still have days where I try to be "good" in and of myself.

The only way one can be made perfect is through Jesus Christ; through His sacrifice.

The dreams and plans I have for my life are selfish and unworthy to be lived. None of them will ever be fulfilling because they're all about ME.

My prayer is that I will stop trying to figure out what I want out of life, and start asking HIM what HE wants for me.

"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights," James 1:17

No comments: